Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Highlights from Day Two

What a way to start the day but to run on the treadmill, have a weight training workout and to finish a few refreshing laps in the hotel pool! We were treated to an American breakfast and Arabian coffee which is extra bitter. Before I knew it we had organised a train ticket and we were off to the largest mall in Dubai; that sits at the bottom of the tallest building in the world (826m high, equivalent to 8.25 rugby fields). OMG as I entered the mall my eyes bulged with excitement about the thought of what I could see and prospects of buying a few bargains, "calm down" Mr Rolton suggested but this fell on my deaf ears. To end our evening we boarded a floating restaurant that cruised us up the Dubai Creek; it is far from what we in NZ would call a creek. The ambience of the boat and the buildings that past us made me feel grateful for the day that had past!

2 comments: