Thursday, July 11, 2013

Nutritionist Visit


Learning About Nutrition

On Tuesday Room 12 went to New World to look at Nutrition tables and check out the nutrition guidelines to see how healthy they really are with Marewa the Nutritionist.

First we all walked over to the Interview room in the Office and it was as clean as a whistle inside the interview room and then the first group Tahi went and the rest of us played I spy.

Next Mrs Dallas came back to pick my group up Toru and another group Rima. When we got to the supermarket we were each given a sheet to record our findings on.

Then my group split into two groups. It was the Boys in one group; Henare, Mason and I and a Girl group; Ella and Iliili.  My group started with Snacks and we chose Whole Grain Crackers for our Healthy Snack and Round Wine Biscuits for our Occasional Snack.

Next we found the nutritional information for Bread, Milk and Dairy Products, Drinks and Breakfast Cereals.

Finally we were all finished and my group was finished first. Once we were all sitting on the Window Sill we each got given a green Lunch Box with fruit on the top sticker and our own class also got a $60 coupon for a healthy lunch.

It was really fun going through the supermarket and learning about nutrition, nutrition tables and guidelines.  Most of all I hope I get to learn more about nutrition, because I enjoy it.

 
On Monday we learnt about the food pyramid in class

Marewa has a watchful eye as we investigate snack foods


By Lane O’Connell

No comments:

Post a Comment