Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Hori's Speech

Tena Koutou, Tena Koutou, Tena Koutou Katoa
Ko Elers toku Whanau
Ko Aroha toku Mama
Ko Hori toku Papa
Ko Te Awa Hau tuku Kura
Ko Hori tuku ingoa

Hello I am Hori Elers I am 11 years old and I was born at Kew Hospital.
Right it starts right here …
I am going to tell you what I’d do if I was Prime Minister for a day. I reckon that petrol is too dear so I am going to make it. 50c a litre and the GST will go down to .10c. I will even give schools in Invercargill free clothes and shoes. The food is so dear and some families cannot afford it . I will give everyone 200 million dollars for food. I feel really bad for the poor people so I will give every poor person some money so they can get clothes, food and shoes. The smoking is very bad around here it is not good for people. I will get every person that smokes free patches so they can stop smoking.

No Reira
Tena Koutou, Tena Koutou, Tena Koutou Katoa

4 comments:

  1. Hori I am impressed with your pepeha! Can you say it from memory?
    Mrs Rolton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great speech Hori, I cant wait for you to be Prime Minister!
    Miss Chambers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tena koe Hori,
    I think if you become prime minister that NZ is going to be in a lot of trouble. I'm sure John Keys would like petrol to be cheap and for everyone to be able to afford clothes and food, but there is no magic wand. Taxes would have to be higher to pay for all that you want to do.
    Also, I live in the North Island so I wouldn't want to see Invercargill get all the hand outs. That wouldn't be fair.
    However, when you make your speech I hope it all goes really well for you.Remember to speak clearly and don't go too fast. Good luck.

    Cheers,
    Jill from Core Education

    ReplyDelete